Valley Block & Concrete a Wasilla based, family owned business established in 1990 is looking for CDL Drivers to drive our Concrete mixer trucks.
We are looking for career minded team players that want to be a part of one of the most successful local businesses in the valley.
Do you like to drive? Is the opportunity to visit new and often beautiful job sites around the Matanuska & Susitna Valleys nearly every day intriguing? Are you open to learning new things on a regular basis? Do you want to be part of helping the Valley grow and be part of a team made up of the very best people you have ever worked with? Whether you have 20 years of experience or you are just fresh out of school we may have a position for you.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complying with all DOT requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
- Inspecting the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Driving the truck to location for unloading in a safe manner.
- Backing the truck under batch plant to receive concrete.
- Climbing the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
- Following written and verbal instructions to include city street maps and having the ability to complete necessary paperwork.
- Maneuvering the truck on the job site to deliver concrete to the point of delivery.
Exercising good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
- Assembling concrete chute(s) weighing 35-50 pounds each.
- Operating hand and foot controls and understanding and following hand signals while operating the truck.
- Cleaning the truck after loading and after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Reading, understanding and complying with the Safety Manual and Employee Manual.
- Understanding that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work.
Maintain a client service centered focus by acting in a professional, courteous manner.
Concrete Truck Driving experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right applicants so please apply if you are interested.
The Successful applicant should have at a minimum:
A Class A CDL
A clean driving record
A current medical card
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a opportunity, that offers a stable, pleasant work environment close to home as well as excellent pay and benefits like health/dental insurance and 401k plan we would be interested in hearing from you.
Employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a pre-placement drug test as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Pay $25 to $35 per hour Depending on Experience + Benefits
Benefits you may be eligible for as an Employee at Valley Block & Concrete
401(k) Plan with Employer Match
Please submit your application using the "Apply Now" button to the right.
You may also e-mail your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer you may drop off your application in person at:
Valley Block & Concrete
4492 East Fairview Loop Rd.
Wasilla, AK 99654
(Please note there will be no interviews without an appointment).
Please call if you have any questions at 907-376-4784